合同经双方签字后,就成为约束双方行为的法律性文件,有关各项条约,合同双方都需要遵守和实行。
Dialogue
A: I made a very close study of the draft contract last night.
昨晚我仔细审阅了合同草案。
B: Any questions?
有哪些问题吗?
A: Yes. There are a few points which I'd like to bring up. First, the packing it's stipulated1 in the contract that all the machine parts should be packed in wooden cases. This can be done with the machine parts, but it's impossible to pack a truck base like that.
有,有几个方面我想提一下。第一,是包装。合同规定机器零件用木箱包装。机器零件可以,而汽车底座用木箱包装则是行不通的。
B: I see.
我了解了。
A: Second, about the terms of payment. Your draft contract says that payment is to be made by D/P. This is not our practice. We prefer to have the payment made by L/C through a negotiating bank in France.
第二点是付款的有关条约。你们的合同草案规定付款方法为付款交单。大家不这么做。大家期望经法国的一家议付银行用信用证付款。
B: And...
还有...
A: And the third point is about arbitration2. It's stipulated that arbitration shall take place in China. In all our past contracts signed with you, it was stipulated that arbitration took place in a third country.
第三点有关仲裁。合同规定仲裁应在中国进行,在大家过去和你们签订的所有合同中都规定仲裁在第三国进行。
B: Yes, that's right.
对,是如此。
A: But how is it that this time you wish to have it carried out in China?
那样,为何这次你们期望仲裁在中国进行?
B: Shall we take up the matter point by point?
大家逐点研究一下,怎么样?
A: That's a good idea.
太好了。
B: Now, the first point is about packing. We agree to a different packing for the truck.
第一,第一点,有关包装,大家赞同汽车底座换用不一样的包装。
A: This can easily be done.
这比较容易做到。
B: Second, we agree to pay by L/C.
第二,大家赞同用信用证付款。
A: Thank you.
谢谢。
B: As for arbitration, in our dealings with many countries, arbitration is to be carried out in China. The Arbitration Commission of C安装成本T enjoys a high prestige among friendly companies. Personally I hope you'll accept this clause. Further more, the disputes that have arisen from our business transaction were all settled through friendly consultations3. Very rarely was arbitration restored to.
至于仲裁,在大家和很多国家的交往中,仲裁都在中国进行。中国贸促会的仲裁委员会在各友好公司中享有崇高的声誉。从我来讲,我期望你们同意这一条约。除此之外,大家买卖中出现的争端均通过友好协商解决了,极少进行仲裁。
A: I see. OK. The new arbitration clause is acceptable. Is there anything else?
我了解了,新的仲裁条约可以同意,还有别的吗?
B: As far as the contract stipulations are concerned, there is nothing more. Thank you very much.至于合同方面的规定,没别的了。很感谢。
A: When should we sign the contract?
大家什么时间签协议?
B: We'll revise the contract this evening, and have it ready to be signed tomorrow morning at ten. How's that?
今晚大家修改一下合同,筹备明天早上10点签约,如何?
A: Perfect.
太好了。
来源:竞学网